EOAS Science Education Initiative
News: September 2015
- Welcome back for a new school year. See our latest EOAS-Times on building effective homework exercises.
- Congratulations to Sara Harris, Director of EOS-SEI projects since 2007, who has won a prestigious 3M National Teaching Fellowship from the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE). The fellowship recognizes exceptional contributions to teaching and learning at Canadian universities. See the STLHE page and see the Maclean's article [pdf].
- The Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Science Education Initiative continues now with two new projects and new TLFs to carry them out. Find more details below and via the left-hand menu.
- Evolving Educational Culture in EOAS: Toward Transformative Learning. An essay about EOS-SEI (April 2014).
- Recent (and all) publications are listed in our Research Communications list.
Descriptions of current projects
In May 2014 we started a UBC-funded 2 year initiative to leverage best practices from both face-to-face and online teaching modes, and introduce new resources that work in both settings.
In September 2014 we began a 3 year project involving exploration of a co-teaching model with STLF support so that faculty can develop and transfer new discipline-based educational expertise together.